Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rigorous Coupled Wave Analisys - help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krzysztow

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

recently I came accross a problem with RCWA. I tried to simulate diffraction efficiencies for transmission dielectric grating, a binary one, and couldn't finish it. I use a book by Soifer "Methods for Computer Design of Diffractive Optical Elements" and it's not clearily written, at least to me. The author introduces some subscripts what makes that scalar becomes a vector and a vector turns into a matrix. To me it doesn't have sense (of course i does). Has anyone used this book and could shortly explain, for example TE-mode case. Or if You have some good other explanations, or notes, anything, please propose it. In a case, someone would like to see the part of the book I can make photos of that chapter and upload it.

Thanks in advance,
Krzysztow.

Hi once more,

I got the point of using these additional subscripts, I'm new in that and now it's obvious. But I still have some problems, I tried to understand the derivation, not to write it straightforward into Matlab but understand as well. And I found that my derivation doesn't agreefully with the book. Can You explain to me:
1) how one can get from the set of equations 3.138 & 3.139 to the set 3.140 & 3.141. I got something for 3.140 like in equation (*).
2) where did He get set 3.150 from? It seems as if assumption (**) or (3.127) is not valid anymore. However then He shouldn't write 3.152.
If assumption (3.127) is valid for modulation zone, then result for coefficients is given by (***)

Please, help me. It's not I want anyone to do my work. I just dwell for too long on it. Thank in advance!\][/quote][/code]

Status
Not open for further replies.