Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RHEL AS 3 on sata2 problem: image or cd not recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenlee

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am using the latest seagate 7200.10 sata2 had (320gb, 7200rpm, 16mb buffer),

i have no problem to install rhel as 4 on it, but when it comes to RHEL AS 3, even i was be able to boot by rhel as4 cd or dvd, but after a few steps. it just report could not find any redhat cd media, and when i try to install it from the images on the hard drive, it will say it it could not find the images file after a few step during installation. is it bcause the sata driver on rhel as3 (i tred latest update 8) too old?

You can set the harddisk as "compatible mode" in your BIOS

there is no "compatible" mode in the bios, only, auto, disabled, combination, enhanced mode, boaard is ga-945p-s3. the combination mode is used for both pata and stat. and even i set to combination mode, it is still the same.do you have any idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.