Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RH8.0 installation problem!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrahimbayram

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have problems with installing RH8.0 to my Single Board Computer(x486 CPU, 32MB RAM), I am trying to install minimum packages. At th end of the installation it sasy "no kernel packages were installed" and asks for to save the bootloader on a floppy. I did what it said but boot disc didnt worked.
I have tried "grub" and "lilo" both are same and didnt worked.
I have tried to install to "MBR" and "First sector of the boot disc" both are same and didnt worked.

Helppp!

Hello,

Do you do your choice about the Kernel version on your RH? If yes what is the version?

Bye

Instead of selecting Minimum Installation, try to install with the default packages(gnome .... etc ..) . From the window which appears before selecting Individual packages.

Hi
I didnt choose a kernel version i used the default Kernel Version for Redhat 8.0 (2.4-18).
Because of my limited processor and RAM i cant install default packages.

Hi,

Is there any problems with package dependancy?

do you have do (test) with older version, or with oter OS: mandriva/mandrake, Suse...? Do you have the same problem?

Bye

Added after 1 minutes:

what is your UC speed, memory, video card...?

Hi
I think there are packages related to the kernel itself (like kernel headers, ....). Try installing the necessary packages related to the kernel.
Its usual for RedHat installer to miss base packages on custom selection. Try to see if you are selecting all the necessary base packages from package list.

Status
Not open for further replies.