Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID Tag, Inlay, Label

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaikss

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Folks,

What is the difference between Chip Inlay and Label?
To my knowledge, Chip is mounted on the plastic substrate.
How will we differentiate the terms Inlay, Label and Substrate?
I am working on RFID and I often come across the terms like RFID Tag, Label and Inlay.
RFID Tag has IC + Antenna.
But I don't understand the difference between those three terms.
Pls help me.

Thanks.

I think, the terms rather refer to the way, RFID devices are applied than to a specific design.

Interrogator and Tag are the general term for the two components of a RFID system in ISO/IEC 18000-1. So tag is obviously completely unspecific.

As the terms suggest, a label is a RFID tag applied on the surface of a product while an inlay is assembled into it. RFID enable passports are e.g. using inlays. I don't see anything more specific involved with these terms. All are referring to functional tags in my view, that means they are always including chip and antenna respectively coupler coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back