Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF transmiter / reciever IC for low power WBFM 470mhz - 850mhz approx

Status
Not open for further replies.

benbiles

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, does anyone know of a low power IC that can TX RX between 470mhz - 850mhz ?

I am trying to make a radio mic transmitter and receiver design that can be configured with a micro controller to transmit / receive at around 25mw - 120mw anywhere in these frequencies.

I am interested in both using both WBFM and GFSK if I can find a low power codec than encode decode AAC audio ( probably does not exist )

Thanks,

BEN

Hi, does anyone know of a low power IC that can TX RX between 470mhz - 850mhz ?

I am trying to make a radio mic transmitter and receiver design that can be configured with a micro controller to transmit / receive at around 25mw - 120mw anywhere in these frequencies.

I am interested in both using both WBFM and GFSK if I can find a low power codec than encode decode AAC audio ( probably does not exist )

Thanks,

BEN

But these frequencies are registered for TV Broadcasting, so principally it's illegal to transmit something in this band.
Second, due to high signal levels coming from these TV Broadcastting transmitters ( especially 700MHz recent LTE assignements), your system will be under high signal levels so it will not properly work.( You can also consider high noise level,interferences etc.)
I suggest you to use 432MHz ISM band for your system.Or any ISM license-free band such as 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz.

But these frequencies are registered for TV Broadcasting, so principally it's illegal to transmit something in this band.
Second, due to high signal levels coming from these TV Broadcastting transmitters ( especially 700MHz recent LTE assignements), your system will be under high signal levels so it will not properly work.( You can also consider high noise level,interferences etc.)
I suggest you to use 432MHz ISM band for your system.Or any ISM license-free band such as 2.4GHz or 5.8GHz.

Hi, I'm designing radio mics to work in licensed frequencies in the tv channels that can work in various territory's around the world for television production. The design wont be for unlicensed use.

the blocks of frequencies would be programed with the micro controller. But I want to use one IC for the RF TX part of the design. Ideally I'll find low power codec so I can transmit GFSK and decode into audio on the receiver but I don't think that will meet the power requirements.

So back to the question! anyone know of an good low power IC for TX RF of either WBFM or GSFK ( 200kbps ) 200khz bandwidth RF ?? :-?

- - - Updated - - -

I should say the IC needs to be able to TX RX on frequencies somewhere between 470mhz - 850mhz and controlled ideally with a microtech controller with a simple screen. early days for the whole project ! I have found the TI CC1101 but there must be other IC's capable of this kind of thing?

Also if anyone knows of a low power AAC or equiv. encoder / decoder IC for audio, that would be useful info :)

Hi, Yes I know, but you can get a License to use radio mics in blocks within these freuquencies for broadcasting as you say. specifically 605mhz - 613mhz in the UK and many other blocks in other teritorys.

Still looking for that IC !! It seams there are only a very few audio compression encoder IC's and none that encode and modulate for RF.. Looks like things are going SDR ( software defined radio )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back