Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF specification distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng-a-hesham

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
after obtaining the overall system specifications (Gain , NF ,IIP3 , ...) now i want to start distributing them (from overall specs. to block specs.)
what is the best method for doing that ?? ... or could you please suggest a good reference.

thanks in advance

Dear eng-a-hesham
Hi
What do you need clearly? i think that you want a book that can introduce to you about things that you said about RF systems ?
Respect
Goldsmith

Dear Goldsmith

i'am designing an RF system and i've obtained the overall system requirements from the standard (e.g the overall wanted gain) now i need to distribute that gain to the system blocks but i need to know "based on what !!" (or what is the efficient method used in distributing it) as well as NF and IIP3 requirements provided that when using the well known cascaded block IIP3 , NF and gain formulas i will get the overall system specifications obtained from the standard

Again Hi
Perhaps these books can become helpful : Telecommunications by george kennedy . solid state radio engineering by herbert l cross .
or : secrets of RF circuit design by , joseph j carr. or probably RF circuit design by Chris Bowick.
Hope helps you .
Best Regards
Goldsmith

Dear Goldsmith

i'am designing an RF system and i've obtained the overall system requirements from the standard (e.g the overall wanted gain) now i need to distribute that gain to the system blocks but i need to know "based on what !!" (or what is the efficient method used in distributing it) as well as NF and IIP3 requirements provided that when using the well known cascaded block IIP3 , NF and gain formulas i will get the overall system specifications obtained from the standard

The short answer, if you're actually going to build the RF system: Consult manufactures' parts and component offerings (filters, switches, amplifiers, I/Q demod chips etc) and begin to assemble a 'system' in conjunction with a speadsheet to track the assembled system's performance.

The long answer, for educational purposes:
1) Assume a 'standard' design approach based on either a superheterodyne or direct conversion receiver
2) Taking the idealized performance of assumed devices for each stage, Spreadsheet the performance from 'front end' to 'ADC'

So, the questions is, which kind of 'drill' is this, for academic purposes or for actual design?

Jim

Last edited:
ok thanks :)

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Dear Jim

it is for academic purposes .. so could you please give me more clarification on the second point

ok thanks :)

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

Dear Jim

it is for academic purposes .. so could you please give me more clarification on the second point

For academic purposes, goldsmith has a couple of good references, several semiconductor manufacturers have resources available as well to study the design and implementation of RF systems such as WiFi and WiMAX:

Block Diagram (SBD) - Femto Base Station - TI.com

**broken link removed**

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back