Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF project involving X-Band Radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

radhika_n5

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RF project

hi,
I am have just started on a Rf project... Can a x band radar be used in medical applications? thanks in advance for the help..

Re: RF project

If is high output power the X-band radar can be used in medicine to replace the lethal injection for euthanasy.:D

I am not aware of any radar uses. Xband is pretty high frequency, and gets absorbed quickly. It might be usable for seeing just underneath the skin, maybe to detect skin cancers. Unfortunately, the wavelength is pretty large, so it will not image anything very precisely. You would need it to be << 1 Watt transmit power to be safe for medical use, and you might still have trouble with implanted devices, like pacemakers.

Much higher frequencies, like 77 GHz, are used in passive imaging--might be useful for scanning human skin.

Thanks for the reply... actually my project is to design a radar for sleep apnea detection... So i need to design a radar to detect the movement of the human chest while asleep.. which band of frequency would be suitable for this?

Thank you....

I would recommend a low frequency (< 1 GHz) rf pulse. Should be able to detect chest movement in the order of 1 cm or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back