Status
Not open for further replies.

Mabrok

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have designed class AB Power amplifier for 3.4-3.6 GHz band. When i checked the stability, the amplifier was stable over the entire band (K>1). But for out of band at certain frequencies (0.5 to 1.2 GHz & 3.9 GHz ) is unstable. So, Is this condition will have an effect on the PA's performance?

The amplifier may oscillate-not definitely but-.If K<1, the amplifier is conditionally stable so certain load and source impedances may drift it into oscillation.If K<0, the amplifier will probably oscillate..
Adding resistors at input and/or at output may help you or highpass/lowpass filters can also help to reduce the risk.

Reactions: Mabrok

Mabrok

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I have added resistor in series and helped in enhancing the stability. but on the other side degraded the gain too much.

I have added resistor in series and helped in enhancing the stability. but on the other side degraded the gain too much.
Parallel resistors are used at input/output or both..Consider also highpass/lowpass filter combination.
There are numerous solution for the stability..

Reactions: Mabrok

Mabrok

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.