Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF MEMS switches part number needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmmarAli

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I'm working on a research to design reconfigurable ultra wide band application (3.1-10.6GHz) and need to use MEMS switches with my design.
Can anyone suggest MEMS switches part numbers or suppliers ?

Thanks a lot

RF MEMS was sort of the great vaporware of the last decade. Lots of hype, very little substance. I'm only aware of one device which was actually made broadly available, but it was discontinued in 2014. It just turns out that for most big markets, PIN or GaAs switches are better suited.

If you search around you'll find some startups pitching devices, but good luck actually getting your hands on them before they're acquired and liquidated by a bigger player. The fact that there aren't any devices available from major distributors is a clear sign to me they aren't ready for primetime.

Remember, MEMS = Might Eventually Make Something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back