Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RF and Zigbee Co-existence

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveennamboothiri

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am in the process of designing a module that houses a 3G module(sim5320), an RF module and a Zigbee module on the same PCB. I am a novice in RF field. What are the considerations for all the three modules to exist on a single PCB(eg. distance)

Thanks in advance.

one thing that is pure necessary is EMI Interference. need to take care of that. Rest all will be fine.. EMI filters matters. not the distance..

Will you use one antenna for all three modules? If not, separate the modules in small metal cases, with RF connectors and filtered C feedthroughs. Then there will be low mutual interference.
I would test each of the devices alone with its opposite station, then , under normal operation, bring them closer and see if BER in each channel is affected by the other one.
What are the individual frequencies, and RF output power? How close you need to have them? Where you intend to install their antennas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back