Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reverse engineering for designing chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

laneliu332

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
chipsmith sanguine competitor

Is there someone design IC with this method?

reverse engineering automatic chip

in the old days, 10~20 transistors/chip, it was worth the effort
but now, we are talking about millions of transistor/chip, not worth the effort

Re: REVERSE engineering

Hi laneliu332:

As I konw, there is still some company use this method when design

analog chip. But it's hard to succed.

wang1

REVERSE engineering

hay i too dont l\know about it but let me know if any of you come to know about it.
i mean any specific tool you could recomend..

It is a good way for small company to make a living.Some chinese comapnies make money by reverse engineering.

It is a good way for small company to make a living.Some chinese comapnies make money by reverse engineering

I agree with hawk_chenbo.There is a small company named sanguine in China ShangHai which has developed a tool for REVERSE engineering. The tool can translate layout back to circuit no matter how many metal-level the IC has.
Now this company seems running well.

robin_su said:
It is a good way for small company to make a living.Some chinese comapnies make money by reverse engineering

I agree with hawk_chenbo.There is a small company named sanguine in China ShangHai which has developed a tool for REVERSE engineering. The tool can translate layout back to circuit no matter how many metal-level the IC has.

Hi robin_su
I have a question about reverse engineering,what material is used for reverse engineering?If it is photo,I think it is difficult to reverse when there are more than 2 metal layers,becuase the toppest layer has covered all layers below it;If it is IP,the cost is high for a small company.
:?: :?: :?:

Best regards

flyankh

robin_su said:

Do you have the website address for this company ?

I hear it too from china vendor , china do much reverse engineering but if i say that's past for now i look china engineer already really good.

REVERSE engineering

i Would like to know if anyone can recomend me or if anyone does reverse in a at90s1200!
Me and a friend of mine where developing a system for tv and a car crashes against our smal lab and he lost all including all pc and that!
now the only thing he have is 2 protected chip that we have at home! And this takes us some months to do and we would like to know if anyone can indicate us someone or help us!

tks in advance!

hope you can help!

tochaHCM said:
Do you have the website address for this company ?

h**p://www.sanguine.com.cn

But interesting I couldn't access the site from US.
Their flag tool is called "ChipSmith", and its second generation "Picasso".
The founder of the company is from Fudan University, to which they had a very close relationship. Actually some of their equipments are from Fudan.

Why reverse when we can do better and faster? If you study from a stupid you will be stupider.

REVERSE engineering

Sometimes, we do reverse-engineering to check whether the competitor violate our patent.

survivor said:
Sometimes, we do reverse-engineering to check whether the competitor violate our patent.

That case is very few.

I used to do a lot of reverse engineering for comnetative analysis. It is not too difficult no matter how many layers. You just need to polish off each layer and use a special camera with an automatic stage that can photograph the entire chip area (1 layer at a time). Takes a long time a you need to be really good at Layout vs schematics.

I taked part in two revers project when I was in campus.
But finally we didn't accomplished.
This kind of job also need more experience.

reverse engineering is usually used in analog design,

but for complex digital circuits, The work is too hard to complete.

laneliu332 said:
Is there someone design IC with this method?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back