Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Restoring and Juliette Receiever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMShropshire

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
My first attempt in trying to restore electronics, and so far so bad. The product is a Juliette Receiver along with a built in 8Track player. There are a few things wrong with it but I thought I would start with the lights inside. The old light bulbs were running off 12 volts AC, im wanting to replace them with LED’s. (The lights are used to illuminate the radio dial). I found a 9v internal DC power source that I want to run the LEDS off of. After soldering my wires up and I still had 9volts from the supply. Then I flipped the circuit board over and placed it back on to its bracket. After attempting to wire up the LEDs to this source my power dropped drastically. I figured it would have a drop in voltage but the LED would not light up (Then tested the LED on a 9v battery and it lit up). After removing the wires I now have very little to no voltage coming from the source. When I read the voltage it steadily drops by a thousandth every second or two. I am trying to figure out if I had burnt something out, and what it might be.
Sorry for the lack of information, if anyone has an idea of what may cause the lack of voltage now, or some rule of thumb I cross please let me know. Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Did you put current limiting resistors in series with the LEDs? Also, I am not sure of the reverse voltage of LEDs, but a reverse connected parallel diode may be worth adding.

Keith

Ahh nope failed to wire that in. Unfortunatly my 9v source is not responding now. I believe I have fried something by not doing my homework hah. Now I must figure out what happened to the power source and how to fix it.
Thanks for the input Keith, Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back