Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resonant Hydrogen Fuel Cell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unix60959

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys, I was thinking about the make up of a hydrogen fuel cell and noticed that it closely resembled a capacitor, do you think that it could be represented as one? and if so could you put it in an LC resonant circuit? would this improve hydrogen/oxygen ouput?

-unix60959

I really don't think so. First of all the fuel cell cannot be represented as a capacitor. It has something in common but definitively cannot be simplified in such way.

Using a fuel cell in a resonant mode (if it was possible) would mean using it as generator and electrolyzer at the resonant frequency... Fuel cells should typically provide a output current as constant as possible. Having positive and negative voltages and currents at high frequency would cause very fast degradation of the fuel cell and eventually destruction.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the information emontllo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back