Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor question - need to replace a faulty input jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick M

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Resistor question

Hi,
I have to drain some caps in my Fender hot rod deluxe tube guitar amplifier in order to replace a faulty input jack. I'm told the caps can retain several hundred volts. Also told the best way to drain them is to place a 25k, 10watt cement resistor between the ends of the cap. I can't find that value resistor at my local radio shack. can I substitute a different value resistor? Radio Shack has several 10 watt versions, but different ohms - as I recall - maybe 100 ohm or 10 ohm. Any suggestion would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick

Resistor question

Hardly anybody uses vacuum tubes anymore. So nobody sells what you need.

RadioCrap sells only popular but poor quality parts at very high prices. Guess why they are gone from Canada.
Buy high quality low priced parts from a real electronic parts distributor like Digikey.

Re: Resistor question

turns out they bleed down - i checked them and they're at virtually 0 volts. thanks.
Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back