Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resistor inductor on inverter

Status
Not open for further replies.

franticEB

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
i've found an old inverter schematic with an inductor and resistor on high mosfets' drain as figure below

hbridgerl.jpg

I try to reproduce it without RL circuit and mosfets become hot (80° over ambient) for conduction and switching losses as in my calculations.

Then i tried to mount the RL circuit and temperature rise on mosfets was very low (30° over ambient).

I did not understand how this circuit (RL red circle in figure) acts and how you can calculate component values.

Could you help me? I don't found anything (tutorial or application note on this subject).

This RL also allow me to increase switching frequency...

Parameters:
Fswitching=50Khz
Pout=150Wrms

Hi,

Maybe the RL prevents from high current during cross conducting of two fets.
But i don't know...

Klaus

Hello franticEB,
Z(L) = jwL

For DC circuit, w=0 and so the resistor at the drain is actually shorted. Which is why the there is no power dissipation through the resistor and it stays cooler. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back