Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Requirement of discrete BALUNS at 2.4 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

aashishsharma

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey i am having LO input that is differential and wanted to convert it into single ended to feed into antenna. So I realized Baluns would serve my purpose.
I working on 2.4 GHz. Although I 2.4 Ghz baluns are available in my country but they are all SMD,surface mount so I would need to create a circuit board with sma connnector for antenna feed. I was hoping to get "discrete" Baluns that may have SMA to feed antenna.
Thanks in advance

Hey my frequency is 2.4 GHz but problem is i do not have enough time to design one balun. Link you provide though easily gave me value of L and C but I was hoping I could order some Balun kit that could take double ended input via SMA and give me single ended to be given to antenna.

thannks
I got that but that surface mount SMD component. I will have to create the circuit board and connect SMA.
I want discrete baluns which provide me with SMA connections

**broken link removed**
Can hardly be simpler with discrete components. Big discrete components with legs do not work at these frequencies.
Just a 2.4 GHz balun fitted with three SMA connections seems a bit overdoing and doubt it will work well or exist as a standard product.

Mini-circuits has 180° splitters with SMA connector, but frequency range is only up to 2 GHz. **broken link removed**

Thanks FvM, I stand corrected.
But $80 for a balun?

Reactions: hausn

hausn

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Sorry for late reply. Net went down
Money is no issue actually. I just want to be sure before that i can convert my differential signal into single ended for feeding into antenna. and it must work at 2.4 GHz.( I dont want to end up wasting that much amount)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back