Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request TI starter kit: allegro 16.3 pcb file conversion to ascii or altium .pcbdoc

Status
Not open for further replies.

harryS89

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear fellow members,

This post is a request if someone is able to convert the allegro 16.3 pcb file (link below) to ASCII (*.alg) or altium (*.pcbdoc) and upload a link for the converted file

https://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/File:pCB_Layout_REV1_2A_PCB.zip

I have started working as a PCB Designer (using altium 14.3) and am not allowed to download new software so cannot have a cadence allegro installation which is required to convert .brd to .pcbdoc

Secondly, Altium recommend 'workaround' of converting the .brd file to ASCII (*alg) file doesn't work for me either as I get quite a few errors while trying this conversion (including missing "extracta.exe" error)

So, the only option I am left with is to request if one of the community members are able do the conversition and upload the link to *.alg or *.pcbdoc file

Many thanks in advance.

Dear fellow members,

This post is a request if someone is able to convert the allegro 16.3 pcb file (link below) to ASCII (*.alg) or altium (*.pcbdoc) and upload a link for the converted file

https://processors.wiki.ti.com/index.php/File:pCB_Layout_REV1_2A_PCB.zip

I have started working as a PCB Designer (using altium 14.3) and am not allowed to download new software so cannot have a cadence allegro installation which is required to convert .brd to .pcbdoc

Secondly, Altium recommend 'workaround' of converting the .brd file to ASCII (*alg) file doesn't work for me either as I get quite a few errors while trying this conversion (including missing "extracta.exe" error)

So, the only option I am left with is to request if one of the community members are able do the conversition and upload the link to *.alg or *.pcbdoc file

Many thanks in advance.

Hi harry,

PFA .alg file.

Thanks,
Shab

Attachments

• 123.brd.zip
    1 MB · Views: 97
Hi harry,

PFA .alg file.

Thanks,
Shab

No Attachment found?

Shab, Thank you for trying to help :). But I couldn't find any files attached. Did to forget to attached or am I missing something and just not looking in the right place.

Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Harry

Please ignore my other reply. I am able to see the files now as I am logged in. Thank you for your help.

Hi SHABU,

If it isn't too much trouble, are you able to convert a file for me also? I've attached the .brd file, if you could convert to Altium .PcbDoc preferably, or Allegro ascii .alg would be great.

thanks so much.

View attachment RPI-CMIO-V1_2-PUBLIC.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back