Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request Help Identifying RF Medium-Power Transistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleanSpirit

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
This is new-old stock. All I know about it is that it was included in a ham radio QRP kit as a generic "medium power RF transistor." It is also probably quite old. The "712" numerals could be the Julian date code of 1971-2.

I've Googled this thoroughly but come up with nothing. Anyone know how to extract a base part number from the markings?

24vs3s4.jpg

Edit: The prefix for this part is probably MRF.

Last edited:

It's from Motorola and probably circa 1971 as you say. At the time they used MJ, MJE and MRF as prefixes but I can't see any match on those numbers, possibly it's a house code rather than part number.
From the package I would suggest it is similar to the BD131 from Philips which was commonly used as a low power RF amp up to about 1W/30MHz.

Brian.

Status
Not open for further replies.