Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Request for guidance about connectors to chose

Status
Not open for further replies.

YigalB

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys
My PCB layout it pretty much finished, and functionally checked with a prototype, yet before going to manufacture, I would like to improve the external connectivity to the board.
The need is for:
a) 1 X USB type C connector on board - for 5V power only (no data).
b) 3 X 2 wire connection. Currently I use the 2.54 2-pins headers
c) 1 X 4 wires connection. Currently I use the 2.54 2-pins headers.

I kindly ask your advice, hoping your experience can help me with what library cell to select, as I am a newbie/ There are many cells in the library, I am not sure how to chose.

1. For the USB: what library cell to chose, with layout foot print to select? Such that will be also common and easy to purchase.
  2. for the wire connectors: Any recommendation for a connector that will provide the connectivity (2 pins, 4 pins), that will be protected from reversing mistakes? Again, it needs to be easy to purchase.
All for TH, no SMT (at this stage).
I use EasyEDA for schematics and PCB layout.

Thank you!

It depends on more things than easy to purchase. Connectors have mechanical rating, how many times they can be connected disconnected. There is also a current rating, what current will you be using? Sometimes even the interferences matter.

I suggest that you take a look at tme.eu and pick the connectors that suit you.

IMO for usb use a micro or mini connector as they will be easier to solder,
and for the 100mil pitch connector, you can use the molex KK 254 2695 range of connectors, they have connectors staring from 2-16way..

but im also a fan of smaller connectors the JST PH series 2.0mm connectors have a nice low profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back