[req]the ic has some question when power on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

staric

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
The regulator maximum load current is 500mA. It cannot go to stable state in some loading during 150mA~200mA when power on suddenly. But it is stable when power is applied slowly. And the loading is larger than 200mA, it is OK. What is the possible reason? Thanks.

a voltage regulator ... any voltage regulator say for talking
5v @ 1.5 amp output needs a 'shunt limiter' resistor in series with the input regulator supply pin

even this flaw in thinking creaps into my own designs and i know its wrong
and how to work it out

look for the maths { i am terrible at maths today}

so you need to work this out
i always remember the rule of 23 23 R is a good value for 1 amp @ 5v as a shunt limiter for a 9 - 10 v supply input

try this and check you dont have too much static capacitance

if the main psu is 5v or 12 try to lower the regulators resoviour caps a little

maybe a reset line somwhere rise too slowly etc ...

take a look some timings like this

esp oscillators

edit ... after thinking a little
upload a circuit part lets see the regulator stage and what it supplies is best... as a jpg file is best {i use psp {paint shop pro}}

You check these item.
1.The start up circuit in Internal voltage or current reference circuit

2.Current limit error. whe when power on suddenly , the inrush current (VIN) is so large (The current come from load(you sink 150~200mA) and Charge Co current.
You can check this item by rdeduce Co. Or measurement the IOUT before Co and Loading .

When power on suddenly and load is 150mA~200mA ,test Iin and Iout. Analysis function of IC,whether other protection block has a effect or not .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…