Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reporting critical path in Synopsys Primetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

souvikedaboard

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
So I have a combinational ckt(Benchmark c432 ckt to be precise) and I want to find out its critical path using Synopsys Primetime, because it is a combinational circuit it does not have a clock so after reading the design I used the create_clock command in primetime to set up a virtual clock(not sure if it is the right step). After that I am trying to find out the critical path by using the command:
report_timing -from[all_inputs] -to[all_outputs] -max_paths 1

But the report that is getting generated is giving me "no constrained paths".
Can anyone help me with the problem please?

Thanks

If it is a purely combinational circuit, it does not make any sense reporting a critical path as first of all there are no valid paths in this design. A path is defined as the route traced from the launch flop to the capture flop both of which are not present in this design.

Hi,
To constrain a feed through path (pure combo) use set_max_delay.
command:
set_max_delay delay_value [-from from_list] [-to to_list]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back