Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Replacement of ADA4004-2 as single supply Op amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

In my eyes almost any opamp can be operated as well from a single supply as with a dual supply.

It usually ha a V+ and a V- connection for power supply, but no GND supply pin.

But you have to check datasheet if common mode input voltages meets specification
and if output voltage range meets your specification.

We could help you on that, but we need your schematic and related informations.

Klaus

I tried it but my input signal is in mV and min value op amp would give when applied +15V n Gnd is 2V. So can't use same op amp. I have alrdy ordered PCBs so have no other choice. My schematic can be seen in AN687. Op amp with A3 output

Hi,

... it is difficult to help with your few informations.

It seems you need a RR output OPAMP instead of single supply opamp.

My schematic can be seen in AN687. Op amp with A3 output
- there are several AN687 from several manufacturers.
- I used Analog.com but there is neither ADA4004 nor any other OPAMP
- what does this mean: "Op amp with A3 output"?

Again: to further help you we need your specificatins.

Klaus

I am really sorry for not posting the circuit earlier, here it is

only difference is that Op amp used in my circuit is ADA4004-2. And i want a single supply op amp that may detect mV when applied with 0 and +15V without anychange in my PCB

- - - Updated - - -

here is another one
https://www.edaboard.com/attachments/116442d1428761465-ckt.png

I am talking about the op amp with differential inputs

Hi,

i didn´t go through all the data, but OPA171 should work for your application.

Klaus

Reactions: fouwad

fouwad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello guys, I have a problem with my already made circuit, i want to replace my ADA4004-2 op amp with a same pin configuration ............

The ADA4004-2 has the industry standard pin configuration for dual opamps. This means there are literally hundreds and hundreds of replacements from many vendors.

But as Klaus mentions, you have to make a parametric search. In the old days, that meant poring over hundreds of pages of datasheets, and that is if you had a good library with many databooks.
Nowdays, you can go to a website for Texas Instruments, Linear Technologies, OnSemi, Microchip..etcetera. And make a parametric search.

Reactions: fouwad

fouwad

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.