Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

replacement for Varactor diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Najfi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for replacement of Hyperabrupt varactor diode MV1404 and MV1401 speitally some thing cheeper I need some thing with Capacitance ratio of 10+

you can consider step recovery diode which has very similar characteristic. if you need cheap cost product, the capacitance will be high, normally

Do you have a number in your mind?. because change ratio is the main issue I need 70 pf at 1v and only 7 pf at 10-12 volt

you can refer the product from Macom,the GaAs diode has high Q.
The other from TOKO,philiph,toshiba...

I need some thing cheaper. what about step recovery diode how much change rate will be availble?

What is a step recovery diode?

zampanampa said:
What is a step recovery diode?

The doping profile in this diode is optimized for the removal of the stored charge to end in a rapid dq/dt. Stored charge is generated in forward bias and removed in reverse bias. This sudden stopping of the reverse current causes a current waveform with large amplitude levels of the higher harmonics. This diode is used in frequency multipliers commonly called comb generators from the graphical shape of the graph of the frequency spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back