Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Repeat Section Of PCB everal time

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhuraka

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My schematic design contains a driver module (for a big LED display). This module repeats more than 64 times. In schematic, instead of drawing the same module again and again I can use hierarchical blocks. But In PCB, with Orcad 9.2 are there any method to repeat this module again and again without drawing it again and again. In mot times I am preferred to use manual route, so if such a method available it I a great help. Can any one help me please.

yes it is there in orcad schematic editor and layout also, please exlore the tool. if you cannot then i will surely help you.

shashikumar.22 said:
yes it is there in orcad schematic editor and layout also, please exlore the tool. if you cannot then i will surely help you.

Thank you for your reply.

But I didn't able to find any way to do this. Merging a PCB isn't fulfill my requirement. Actually I want to assign a routed PCB diagram to a hierarchical block of the schematic. so that repeating is very easy. May be this facility isn't available in Orcad 9.2. However please let me know any alternative or workaround. (I think you can identify my basic requirement). Again thank you for your reply.

Cannot help you with orcad, but what our after is in Cadstar 12.

In Orcad, are you able to copy & paste circuitry?

Copy/paste the first routed block in PCB, do that 64 times so you have all the placed/routed sections.
Do copy paste & connect up in schematic, then ECO update the PCB to match the schematic?

Hi dear Engineers,
I admire you that you can design electronical things by yourself, but i am only a saler, if you need pcb prototype, you can send your gerber file to me to get a best quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back