Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reopen Cadence process in Solaris 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm using Cadence in Solaris 9. Sometimes I do start long simulations at home from Xwin32. When X-Win 32 losts the connection I see in the process list that Cadence is still running. My question:

Is there anyway/command to open Cadence window again from the process ID?

To be more clear;

Let's say I run Cadence from Xwin32 with process name icfb.exe and ID 5123 and started a long simulation. When XWin32 disconnects, I see process icfb.exe with ID 5123 is still running. I'd like to reopen CIW window, schematic & simulation windows from a Unix terminal again by its process ID. Is there any command or way to do that?

Thanks

Hello,

I doubt that this is possible. We are facing the same problem. X-win32 doesn't offer resumable sessions, causing that when the network is down or you lose contact with your server, the session will be ended but processes will still be running in background and perhaps eventually become ghost processes.

Anyway, Xwin offers an Xserver solution for these resumable sessions but from my feeling is that Xwin is amazingly slow over WAN connections. It's bandwidth consuming. What are your experiences with X-win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back