Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Removing shadow effect in 7 segment display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paritoshgiri

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Do anyone know the C code to remove shadow effect in 7 segment display? I am using 5 seven segement display and due to the shadow effect, the character from the 5th display is seen in 4th, 4th in 3rd and so on. Although the shadow is not prominent, however it is clearly visible in dark. So plz can anyone help me out?

can you publish the circuit

please read the app note
**broken link removed**

P.Ashok Kumar

can you publish the circuit

please read the app note
**broken link removed**

P.Ashok Kumar
Thank u for ur help but I m using a 7 segment display. I can not publish a circuit but its a simple connection of 8051 microcontroller with 7 segment using 8255. Can u help me out plz?

Are you using scanning?
In scanning ON the LED (controlled in common), and when the data is already displayed OFF the LED. Turning On and Off display and with correct delay timing you can eliminate the shadow.

While scanning, do it in order...

1. Switch off the previous scan pin
2. Put the current data into bus
3. then Switch ON the current scan pin and switch off with delay required...

Hope this can avoid the shadow effect....

to remove the effect use latch signal and display one by one on all displays it will not give any shadow effect

You can follow the bellow steps
Step 1. Clear display data add delay
Step 2. Select the 7 segment display for display
Step 3. Put the data for the display and add a delay
Step 4. Go to step 1

The delay will depend on the hardware also.
you may go for try and see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back