Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remotly Adjusting Values of 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

tariq.sahi

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,, i am working on remotely setting up variables values of 8051 or AVR with Ethernet as media . what i have in mind is that i make a control board with Ethernet interface and a keypad and LCD on it. what ever a value is set on this board i want that to be set on the remote ic which some how be connected to the ethernet as well. i dont want to involve any computer or web based interface.
any ideas on this subject ??? i will preferably use ATMEGA32 AVR for this purpose but how to incorporate Ethernet and how to send the variable values ???

- - - Updated - - -

here is the block diagram to clarify what i intend doing.

It's a convoluted way of saying that you want to know about how to interface to Ethernet, and about how to communicate over Ethernet, using
microcontrollers.
Look at (say) ENC624J600 for the former, and read up on UDP and TCP for the latter. With this information, you can achieve your aim mentioned in your post.
You can download an IP stack for your microcontroller. None of this is hard, but it will take some time to absorb (maybe a few days reading on UDP and TCP/IP)
if you've never done this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.