Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Control For Home Appliances

Status
Not open for further replies.

juni89

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys...
actually um working on a project and i need ur help...
i m trying to make a remote control for the home appliances like fans and lights but um abit confused that from where should i start.....:cry:
first of all i want to make a remote control in which i want to have 9 buttons for 5 lights and 4 fans and with the help of an IR transmitter i wanna transmit 9 different digital pulses which will b detected at the receiving end and decoder will make that particular fan or light on...
so wat u guys suggest how shud i start this project and how shud i make it a success...
thanks in advance...

@shamikrudra
thanx alot for ur reply but i wanna make a remote for home appliances like fans and lights not for any tv so i don think i wud need to follow ny protocols like RC5...
i hope now u can understand my situation

READ RULES BEFORE POSTING

SMS/SHORTHAND TYPING IS NOT ALLOWED HERE..

You can make your own protocol or use an established one. You need a remote control and receivers for each device so you will HAVE to establish a protocol of some kind for them to recognize each other. RC5 is suitable, it isn't only used in TVs and it is easy to use. If you want compatibility with commercially made products I suggest you use an established home automation protocol such as X10.

Brian.

first of all u are take a data of hyperterminal. in RC5 protocol have one pulse time period is 1.778ms. you are run the timer of 1.778ms/2 and get the address of pulse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back