Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

remote control dimmer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nishon

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys
I need to make a remote controlled circuit that can dim a 12v dc LED string from about 50mt away.I want to install the dimmer circuit and LED's on the same enclosure.the dimmer circuit I'm using uses a potentiometer so I just need something to operate the potentiometer from a distant.if any of you are wondering what I'm using it for,I need the dimmer to hunt bushpig at night in South Africa.I was thinking of using a remote controlled toy car unit to help with my idea but it doesn't have that operating range.
Thanks in. Advance

the dimmer circuit I'm using uses a potentiometer so I just need something to operate the potentiometer from a distant

Whether u r ready to replace POT with optocoupler? or u wanted to operate the POT with a motor setup?
How many steps brightness control u want?
RF or IR/LASER? (RF is better)
micro controller based or without uC (only with logic ICs)?

12v dc LED string
What’s the current rating?

What is an octocoupler? I can use a motor setup for the pot and RF is ok and would like to use logic ic's.

u can use MOC3021 optocoupler with any TRIAC like BT136 for phaseangle control. But this method u can use before the 12V DC convertion at the high voltage AC side.
or u can use PWM method at 12V side.

the dimmer circuit I'm using uses a potentiometer so I just need something to operate the potentiometer from a distant
can u post clear detail about the one u r using as well as pls answer for my previous post. so that we can suggest u in better way.

Ganesh let's forget the remote controlled dimmer and maybe you can give me a circuit diagram for a normal LED dimmer unit which will control the LED's from a distant with a length of cable.I have built a circuit using the NE555 and a transistor but it works fine when adjusting from minimum brightness to about 75 percent brightness but as it reaches almost maximum brightness the LED's start to flash like a strobe light which is not what I want.if you can give me you mail address I will mail the diagram I'm using,I don't know how to post it on the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Ganesh let's forget the remote controlled dimmer and maybe you can give me a circuit diagram for a normal LED dimmer unit which will control the LED's from a distant with a length of cable.I have built a circuit using the NE555 and a transistor but it works fine when adjusting from minimum brightness to about 75 percent brightness but as it reaches almost maximum brightness the LED's start to flash like a strobe light which is not what I want.if you can give me you mail address I will mail the diagram I'm using,I don't know how to post it on the forum.

For attachment press Manage Attachments button. It'll open a new window on right top of that window u can find add attachment button Add File. Select the file and attach it Upload.
Then it'll appear in the list of attached files. Hit the check box to select the files and then press Done button.

I have built a circuit using the NE555 and a transistor but it works fine when adjusting from minimum brightness to about 75 percent brightness but as it reaches almost maximum brightness
This may be due to the LED driver. But I'm not sure abt it. pls post ur LED driver ckt too.

the LED's start to flash like a strobe light which is not what I want
I hope u used low frequency (may be less than 50Hz). That’s y that flashing. Try to use high frequency in KHz.

- - - Updated - - -

I hopw this will help u.

555_PWM_LED.jpg

Ref: https://laserpointerforums.com/atta...-buck-driver-ne555-pwm-led-dimmer-circuit.gif

That is the very same circuit I used with all the components listed but I used the BUZ10 transistor instead of the one listed in the circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back