Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Relays in Parallel to a single power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shivanand P

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there any Problems if we connect two Relays for a same Power supply(Parallel) and switching on at a same time?
Best Regards...

Relay coils connected in Parallel no problem. But your Power supply need to supply enough current flow through coil to energize the coil.

Hello Shivanand P,

additional to what the other posters wrote, put recovery diodes parallel to the relay coils to protect the power supply against switching spikes.

Regards

Rainer

Hello Shivanand P,

additional to what the other posters wrote, put recovery diodes parallel to the relay coils to protect the power supply against switching spikes.

Regards

Rainer

Yes.I missed it... That is very important to place the Recovery diode parallel to the Relay coil.1N4148 is the best I used .

Is there any Problems if we connect two Relays for a same Power supply(Parallel) and switching on at a same time?
Best Regards...

I hope so, that you dont want to switch some heavier load with two relays as one! That can be very dangerous!

The load connected to the PSU must be Well with in the limit of the psu other wise there is a probability of destruction of PSU

I am driving relays of 12V and switching current they given as 1mA to 1.25A,
and power supply is of 12v 2 amps..

- - - Updated - - -

That recovery diodes i kept but how about the power supply? is that ok 2amps power supply?

Relay have coil, that coil is load for power supply, and is usually low. Can be from 30mA to 100mA and up, but not 1,25A, that is too high for relay coil, even for contactors.

1,25A is load of some consument which is switched with relay. This PSU can support this load without problem.

But why you paralleling two relays ?

Hello Shivanand P,

is that ok 2amps power supply?

I don't know, because I don't know the power consumtion of the controlling circuit and the relay coils. If the current not higher then 0,75A it's OK with 2A else not.

Regards

Rainer

There are many loop holes and the main crux of the issue is yet not clear to us can you be more specific

How are loads connected you mean two different loads to the PSU or same PSU but two different relays kindly clarify

DO post the schematic for furthur rerference

Status
Not open for further replies.