Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

relay tak tak noise problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinesh Nayak

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi.. in my voltage stabilizer (relay operated) the relay make noise (tak tak) & even if there is very little voltage fluctuation in input the relay step up- & step down the stabilizer as a result some electronics components gets restarts...

so i just want to know how to smoothen the the voltage can I use capacitor or anything for input of relay / input of controlling transformer...

if yes what is the specification of capacitor .... relay is 12 volt operated

thanks in advance...

relay always make a sound when changing its position. use goodsky pcb mount relays for fast changover
or use a servo stabilizer it doesnt use any relay more accuracy than relay based stabilizer

Last edited:

relay always make a sound when changing its position. use goodsky pcb mount relays for fast changover
or use a servo stabilizer it doesnt use any relay more accuracy than relay based stabilizer

u didnt got my point ... lets say if the voltage is 210v if it changes to 209v it starts step up & when it again become 210 it step down ... & when the voltage fluctuate between 208v-210v the stabilizer goes on loop of step up - step down... that makes the problem so i was just want to know how can I avoid that problem....

Ya I know the servo type doesnt make noise & accurate ... but here in my locality only relay type is available ... & I already own 2 of them out of which 1 doesnt make any issue but 2 of them do the problem...

So I was curious how can I solve the problem ......

then you have to adjust the stabilizer internal preset settings . if you are fully familier with the electronics then only i will advice you . otherwise find any technical person . and any capacitor will not do the voltage stepping and stepdown function

then you have to adjust the stabilizer internal preset settings . if you are fully familier with the electronics then only i will advice you . otherwise find any technical person . and any capacitor will not do the voltage stepping and stepdown function

I know capacitor doesnt do the stepping function I just want to do any settings so that it will not step up-down with just 1-2 volt difference..

in pcb the preset controls the relay.... there are 4 preset for controlling the 3 relay but I dont know where is its optimum position ....I have done some hit & trial method but no result.. so if u can help me in that tell me how to do it.....

1 more question using capacitor as active filter so that the input of controlling transformer will give proper o/p so that the relay will switch properly .... is it possible ???

Status
Not open for further replies.