Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Relay output power clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.

manikandan123

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi friends,

I used goodsky RWH-SH-112D rely in circuit. The spec shows that the

Max allowable current is 15A. (i want to use 12A)

Max allowable voltage AC 240V / DC 110V

Max Max. Allowable Power Force 2750VA / 360W .

My load is CFL Lamps. normally each lamp is 18W . how many lamps can i use with relay output. 360W/18W= 20 bulbs. am i right ? or can i use more CFL Bulbs because the Relay capability is 12A 240VAC (240Vx12A). what causes if i use 25 Lamps?

Hope i get clarification on this one.

Thanks in advance.

Manikandan.

Inrush current is very important and to not allow that current goes over allowed limit on relay contacts. As addition option always you can use contactors, which will be my choice for this situation.

images

Best regards,
Peter

Inrush current is very important and to not allow that current goes over allowed limit on relay contacts. As addition option always you can use contactors, which will be my choice for this situation.

images

Best regards,
Peter

Hi thanks for your reply. My relay is PCB mount relay in small size. My doubt is why the Lowest output power mentioned in the datasheet.
The relay part have the 5 terminal. COM NO,NC, COIL(2 PIN) .I take the load from NO . In COM, I connected PHASE(LINE) Of AC. when the signal senses I need to Switch on the Relay. (I have the control to do that). information needed in the Load area.How much Power can i take from the relay.? :sad: can you look the attachment and give suggestion?

View attachment RW-RWH.pdf

allowable contact power is the rating which the relays are able to make or break the contacts, you cant exceed them It will cause you contacts welding....
for operating some more load use a power relay or a contactor..

allowable contact power is the rating which the relays are able to make or break the contacts, you cant exceed them It will cause you contacts welding....
for operating some more load use a power relay or a contactor..

Hi Venkatesh, Thanks for your info. So i can use the relay up to 360 Watts Load as per the datasheet. Kindly see the Datasheet in previous response. Am i right.?

Hi I tried 500 W Output taken through the relay . there is no Problem in that Relay. SO What I am conclude ,the SPEC Shows that, The Contact capacity Tungsten is (1800 W). SO I can use 1800 W Tungsten Bulbs. Otherwise (75% X 1800 W). Normally they told the Power force in term of WATTAGE for DC Load. The SPEC shows that 24 V DC up to 15 A. so 24 x 15=360 W. SO I can use the 360 W in DC Load. In AC Load I can go up to 2750 VA as per the Datasheet.

Thanks to all replied here.

Yeah you can use up to 360 W....

Status
Not open for further replies.