Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Relation between speed and duty cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

sramgrk

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ppl,
is there any relation between speed and duty cycle???

I am using a micro controller to drive a servo motor. can i get a relation that relates the pulses from the controller to the speed of the motor?

yes! reducing duty cycle also affect the speed of your motor,because you are simply reducing the flux density by reducing the on time.

@Kabiru:
thanks a lot for ur reply, is there any relation u can provide me, whether duty cycle is inversely/directly proportional to the speed of the motor?

since duty cycle change the speed of the motor when the on time is reduce, therefore duty cycle= on/on+off, then the speed is directly proportional to duty cycle.note that this is only applicable on dc motors,but in AC motor only the phase is control. what type of motor do you use is it AC or DC ?

@kabiru:
thanks a lot for ur prompt reply, i am gonna use DC servo motor for my final yr project

Ok, that's fine i dont think you will have problem with it, just keep in touch with the forum.

it depend on what you're controlling. speed of motor proportional with the voltage.

@jason the qeustion here is relationship betwen duty cycle and speed but not the voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.