Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regulator 50VDC from 48VAC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxtigerxx

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
regulator 50vdc

do you have any simple schematic for a regulator 50VDC ( 0,2A) from 42VAC.

:p

If you use a bridge rectifier and capacitor, you should obtain around 59V DC. YOu should be able to use a standard LM Series variable voltage reg IC to get it down to 50V. Alternativly a transistor and zener combination. Plenty circuits about.

can you tell me a standard LM series IC?

THX

I was thinking of something like LM317. Forgot about the High volts input, 317s have a max of 37V. Sorry about the wrong info. If you do not need regulation, you could use a high power zener in series to get rid of the excess 9-10V. You would be better with a zener/transitor arrangement though. Suggest you look up discrete power regulation circuits, its fairly simple.

Do you have any book about linear power supplies.

THX

:p

You can't use a linear regulator, in linear regulators Vpeak (ac) is greater than Vdc.
Vpeak = 48V and Vdc = 50
You need a step up swithing poer supply

You could use LM317 for this purpose . It's datasheet say "max ΔU=Vin-Vout ≤40V ". And I use 317 for regulator circuit have 42VAC--> 40VDC . It still work . Certainly my circuit use only 80mA but I think with ΔU about 15V-20V and 0.2A, P=3-4W , there is no problem about power .

If you need ,I'll post my schematic or you could find it in datasheet.

nvha can you post your circuit..

THX..

Here is my schematic . Sorry for too late . It still work with 40VAC(54VDC) in.

Status
Not open for further replies.