Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding: waveguide filled with dielectric on 2 ends of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

yashwanth1885

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

My name is Yashwanth, I have a problem in simulating(HFSS) a waveguide filled with 2 dielectrics in x-direction, and the waveguide is infinite in z-direction, and the dimensions are 22.86(X-axis) x 10.16mm(Y-axis). So we have dielectric on the ends in the x-direction,and we have LSEx-10 mode as dominant mode. If we choose the depth of the dielectric at 10GHz as 6.8465mm calculated from the formula d= λ/4*√εr-1; where ?=c/f; f=10GHz,εr=2.2, we should get uniform field in between the dielectrics. And at other frequencies for the dielectric width of
6.8465mm as above we should not get the uniform field, but iam getting the uniform field for every frequency i used from(8-12GHz).

Could anyone tell me why iam getting this.? Iam attaching Wg picture to this
thank you,
yashwanth.

Re: Regarding: waveguide filled with dielectric on 2 ends of

hi yaswanth

the prb is not unds'ble could u explain it clearly.(what do u mean by uniform field at 8-12ghz)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back