Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

regarding the low baud rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridivya pathapati

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi...can u tell me what are the advantages of providing low baud rates i.e, 300 b/s etc provided to FSK circuit as INPUT????/?It's ok if can be in underwater application also.. kindly tell briefly...

A low baud rate requires less bandwidth than a higher baud rate.

You speak of "underwater application". Do you mean acoustic transmission?

hii..i have done a project on FSK generation using PSoC.. i have taken the digital input as the low baud rates ranging from 100.00 to 0.54..and i also i have taken the digital input from uart at baud 300b/s..the frequencies are 2.2khz and 1.2khz...can u tell me that can it be considered as an acoustic application???as i didnt transmit the information through water

Low baud rates tend to be used if the transmission medium is incapable of supporting faster speeds. A higher baud rate means you can transfer more data in the same period of time.

I assumed that since you mentioned an underwater application, water would be the transmission medium.
If you are transmitting your FSK information by wire, the only limiting factor is the response time of the devices that generate and decode the FSK.

Many modem applications are relying on communication channels with telephone bandwidth (300 to 3400 Hz). Higher baud rates can be achieved by using sophisticated modulation methods, but basic FSK modulation is restricted to a range of 300 (V21) to 1200 (V23) baud maximum. In so far you can say that the advantage of low baud rates is simple modulation.

Least annoyment it could catch from charge flows such as fast flow of airs, intensity flow of water, and in space, intensive flow of space matters. It requires an protocol to achieve it as every byte transmitted, it needs an One-Byte CRC Check, to see whether the transmitting byte is correct!! I heard of 1000~1200 bps but not 300 or 360 bps. And in space, the most correct selection is 115200~256000 bps, not slow transmission!! We have a test in the project of a kind of Space Destroyer controlled by a PC and could acts in space!!

Status
Not open for further replies.