Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding NFC Tap For WiFi Password

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All.

I like to make a NFC device for WiFI Password sharing to SmartPhone. This Activity generally called "NFC Tap for WiFi" ... where, when user Tap his SmartPhone with the NFC device then SmartPhone will automatically gets the WiFi Settings from NFC device and connect to WiFi Hot-Spot to access Internet.

Can anyone give me idea how to make such NFC Device and what can be the preferred NFC parts. I'll use STM32 MCU for this project.

Any example project is highly appreciated. Looking forward your advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

check out the AS3953 by AMS. They even make an evaluation board.

I have interest in collaborating on this. I am familiar with Near Field Charging (similar to near field communication) and its hardware. I want to get into near field communication and the capabilities or software.

PM or re-post with progress/ questions.

Hi Jeff.

Thanks for reply.

Still some ques please:

- To Join WiFi by NFC Tap does the SmartPhone need any special App? Or, I understand after Tap SmartPhone will get the Password ... but how it will connect to WiFi using that Password?

- To Write the WiFi Password into the NFC Tag ... Old Androids needs special App but Android Lollipop have built in feature for NFC Tag Write ... please clarify if my concept is wrong.

- How is PN532 instead of AS3953 for this

Apologies for all my silly ques.

Waiting for your reply.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.