Not open for further replies.

sakibnaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello All.

For my project I need to use small size Embedded Linux Quad-Core Board . My Project needs below:

- Quad Core CPU (Run Linux Ubuntu)
- RAM 1GB or higher
- eMMC 64GB to 256GB and additional MicroSD storage
- Capacitive Touchscreen 3.5 Inch
- Sensor connection (via GPIO, UART, I2C, SPI)
- 1xUSB2.0 and 1xUSB3.0
- WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0

Only above things I No other features I need like HDMI, Ethernet, Camera or other ...

Due to USB3.0 and Bluetooth 5 ... I can not use regular SoM/SBC available in market like RPi, NanoPi, Orange Pi etc. I found Orange Pi Lite 2 is a good choice but its Bluetooth 4.0 also the USB connector is A-Type which is very thick as my Board needs to be low profile. In addition, I need to consider Certification (FCC/CE) as my project have target to be a commercial product future.

Now I am thinking use design a small PCB for the CPU Module using USB 3.0 supported Chip like Allwinner H6 or Rockchip RK3288 or any other. And for Wireless, I'll interface 3rd Party (Pre-Certified FCC/CE) WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0 Module.

Can any one advice the below:

-1. Supporting USB 3.0 which CPU Chip will be good and low cost choice?

-2. I did not designed any CPU Board before. I have experience on design very compact Board with ARM Cortex MCU (with up-to 6-Layer). So will it be very challenging to design a CPU Module? Can anyone suggest me any reference design as a starting point?

-3. After design and manufacturing how difficult about FCC and CE certification? As I mentioned before for Wireless WiFi and Bluetooth I'll use Pre-Certified Module.

Thanks in advance.

Looking forward your advise.

Regards.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…