Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding data speed in a tranceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avala Lokesh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I was designing a 20G tranceiver in CMOS. The data rate is not high as I expected. The input buffer and output driver looks to work for more than 10G data but when I add a bunch of inverters the speed reduces to around 4 G. the maximum data rate which can be attained seems to be limited by the inverter chain. are there any suggestions on what I can add instead of an inverter chain to still recover high speed data.(I tried dcvsl circuit also)

Thanks

The data rate will not be limited by the inverter chain. You have to increase their strength to meet the speed.

Thanks for the reply.
By increase the strength you mean size or voltage or what specifically?

If you have fixed supply, increasing the size will help. The maximum supply voltage that can be used usually depends on the technology node you are designing in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back