Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Regarding ADC output waveform

Status
Not open for further replies.

LF_LF

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, everybody.
I am using DE2 board to test my ADC , ADS7861 from texas instrument.
I designed the code and it can be displayed through my Quartus SignalTap II Analyzer.
However, the result is in accurate. The adc should has up to 5V range but the output waveforms are something like distorted or clamped for their highest part .

I am using the ADC internal voltage reference which is 2.5 V and it is expected to be center over 2.5. It should be the amplitude varying. However, It seen like it is moving up and down.

Does anyone face this situation before?

The weird thing is the output waveforms are clamped / distorted from 1 to 2.5A (i test it every 0.5V starting from 0A) but it can go on higher at 3A of input....which mean the 1.5A input to 2.5A are distorted or clamped but waveform for 3A input does not clamped. Why ?

Has someone face the same situation as me? Can suggest some methods to solve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back