Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reg. EMC issue with I2C communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

umesh49

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I had designed a product and was testing it. By fortune or misfortune I made my test setup near a wall (30cm Thicness) on the other side of which was some high intensity sodium bulb were there. When I started testing my I2C communication was showing some error. I made the bulbs "off" and there was no problem on board. So I am clearly able to replicate the problem by switching the bulb ON/OFF and when ever these bulbs are ON my I2C communication is geting Bad.
I am a new person to this mysterious world of EMI/EMC issue. It will be great help if anybody could suggest me how I can approach this issue from hardware design point of view.

Umesh.

How many layers has your PCB, has it a contigous ground plane, how are the SDA SCA lines routed, especially the clock line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back