Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reflector antenna - surface distorsion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rewind

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
well,
I ask to people have experience on this topic, there is two type of distorsion, however
I ask for a refence for developed the direct problem necessary for this study, for simple front end reflector antenna, or almost for offset reflector antenna.
the study is for large reflector antennas, there is two approx PO or GO but the first is
for some aspects preferable.
Any reply is great for deal to try a solution for my problem.
best regards

If the variations are random, you will get main beam broadening (reduced gain) and increased sidelobe levels. If they are deterministic, such as gravity putting forces that distort the reflector, the bore axis will shift.

x Azulykit
Ruse is a user of forum? i try to search this but with not success.

x flatulent
yes this is the major effects..however, for the study of distortions, you must have a direct problem, based on approximations PO or G0, the first based on optical approximation, the second using ray tracing GO...,
my question is the jacobi-bessel methods first developed by galindo and mittra is able or preferible for this purpose? , or is preferible other methods?

He was a developer of reflector abntennas in the 50's and 60's. I'll see if I can get you a better citation as a starting point as a search of the IEEE suite did not turn him up. but then their search engine sometimes imakes it a chore to find references.

He has several articles on the effects of errors on parabolic systems.

Added after 12 minutes:

I found where I went wrong .... can't spell. Try "J. Ruze".

ัYou might take a look at these papers.

See..jacobi methos is about fomring a relation between far field and aperture distribution in the closed form.
But the topic of Surface distortion is all about analysing the surface error,find out the exact RMS values for surface error by modelling the surface or by direct/holographic methods and incorporate the the measured results in finding the aperture filed with phase values and then applying FFT to get the radiation pattern.
If you have RMS error values of reflector ready then u can directly use the Phase Distortion formula from Balanis to find the results of the same.

well the works of Ruze, is very famous..., the theory of Ruze
thanks atul_microwaves_antenna

y

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back