Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reflectarray simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
some addition information here, when the frequency vary away from the center design frequency, the phase curve will change (become not parallel) and this will lead to gain drop of the reflectarray. So make sure a parallel phase curve at frequency more further than center design frequency will lead to wider bandwidth.

Re: cst reflectarray

its possible in CST. I have simulate a 24cm*24cm single layer reflectarray with a horn for feed in X band. it take 3h to simulate.

Hi h_hassani

Could you please share the simulated file in CST? It can help me as I have to design a reflectarray using FSS.
Can you please let me know what is the characteristic of the computer that you used for this simulation?

Thanks

Hi amanda

thanks for your information. I am curious about the 'parallel phase curve' you mentioned. Does parallel means linear phase curve?

Too steep phase curve means a tiny size changes will lead to a big phase change, so it will decease the gain and also the bandwidth. Is my understanding right? Thanks!!!

hello evrybody.my topic project is about t-shaped element for broadband circularly polarized reflectarray antenna with linear polarized feed. have u any idea become its newer? i want become its newer and update. have u any topic suggest me? thanks alot

hello evrybody.my topic project is about t-shaped element for broadband circularly polarized reflectarray antenna with linear polarized feed. have u any idea become its newer? i want become its newer and update. have u any topic suggest me? thanks alot
there is apaer already published for that type of reflectarray model
please check IEEE for it,it new ,may be 2011
regards

hello every body.i try to simulate cp reflectarray with Lp feed. how can i mesured bandwith and gain of my antenna from Hfss? when i mesured gain theta from Hfss my data is variable for same simulation. why is that happen???and what is maximum number of passes &maximum delta s? and are they efect on my simulation? how can i tune them????
Regards

- - - Updated - - -

hello friends:i try to simulate cp reflectarray with Lp feed. how can i mesured bandwith and gain of my antenna from Hfss? when i mesured gain theta from Hfss my data is variable for same simulation. why is that happen???and what is maximum number of passes &maximum delta s? and are they efect on my simulation? how can i tune them????
Regards

Hi brothers
someone here should help me as i m stuck for last 30 days trying to solve out 1 problem with reflect array in getting Reflect Array phase plot within CST but unable to find the way..

https://obrazki.elektroda.pl/6965314600_1372344054.jpg

phase of whole RA with Element position plot, u may have viewed in many research papers, which i need to know how to get in CST. I hope a positive reply. Thanks

Regards
Citronian

Re: cst reflectarray

I have a question
I designed Circularly polarized Reflectarray Antenna with Linearly Polarized Feed Horn
At first, I used Conical Horn with Aperture Diameter of 4 cm and a port that has been placed with 45 degree angle relate to the normal axis of the array surface.
With this structure I had good Result, for example in center frequency, Axial Ratio was about 0.5 dB.

Then, as a limitation of fabrication, I have to use a pyramidal horn with aperture dimension of 2.5 cm* 2.5 cm Or one with aperture 4.8 cm*3.3 Or 5.9cm* 3.1 cm
I tried my structure with each of these feeds, but you know, I could not obtain such good results as I had before with conical horn, For example in best mood, Axial ration in center frequency is about 1.5 dB and Axial Ratio bandwidth and gain are reduced.
I am confused about it, Have you any eplanation that it could help me about this problem?

Hi every body
I have a question about Circular polarized reflectarray antenna test setup.
I have kind of this antenna, and I do not know how I could measure it's pattern?
I mean, I do not know Reference Antenna must be a Linear polarized antenna Or Circular polarized one?
And about Axial Ratio Measurement? I have not any ideas,
Any comment could be usefullll..............
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back