Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

reference voltage and capacitor values in ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.

amr hema

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,
how can i know the value of reference voltage of ADC and what's its effect ?
also how to determine the value of unit capacitor in DAC in SAR ADC ?

ok but my graduation project is sar adc , and i want to know how to determine its value and value of full scale input

Hello

the reference voltage is the the voltage that the ADC will convert the analog signal with respect it. suppose for example, in your application you have an input analog signal with maximum peak-to-peak is 1 V. then you should make the reference voltage of the ADC equal to 1 V. Assume that you are using 8 bits ADC, when the input of 1 V is applied the converter will make this comparision: 1V/1V*8=8 = FF. if an input of 0,5 is applied the result is (0.5/1)*8=4=0F.

in simple way, the reference voltage of the ADC should be equal to the maximum expected input analog signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back