Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Rectifying a very low ac voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

guruvigneshwaran

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm in need of a rectifier to rectify voltages in the range of 0.05v to 0.15v.

Just like Frank said, we can use a precision rectifier using op-amp with a diode in the feedback path, but the current capacity of the circuit will be limited.
Could you please indicate the application of the circuit.

I'm in need of rectifying the voltage that is obtained from a piezoelectric crystal. The thing is that no supply should be used as I'm trying to harvest electric energy.

Last edited:

For energy harvesting you should use a transformer to step up the voltage. Look at the energy harvesting ICs from Linear Technology for ideas.

Keith

Existing piezo energy harvesting solutions (AC input) are using bridge rectifiers and expecting higher input voltages. If the input voltage is considerably lower, one would connect a transformer to the piezo. However, if the piezo output voltage is abround 100 mV, what's the available current? More than µA? Before looking out for a specific converter circuit, I would consider feasibility in terms of available power.

You need a "Dickson" or a "Greinacher" rf to dc converter with ZVT (Zero Threshold) MOSFETs. Search for these.

Status
Not open for further replies.