Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rectangular waveguide design in hfss

Status
Not open for further replies.

samyuk

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
im designing waveguide slot antenna
recently strted wrking with hfss.Im not understanding how to design rectangular waveguide in hfss.my doubt is whether to consider thickness of waveguide while designing or not.
can any one help me regardng this.
if thickness is considered then slots are placed on broad wall and slots cut means do i subtract slots from waveguide ??
hope i get answer..

sam,

you could design a slotted waveguide array several ways in HFSS. those ways could include wall thickness or not, depending on your design criteria. i would expect you would like the most accurate solution, so yes i would include wall thickness.

as far as building this in hfss it is quite easy in principle but maybe more difficult in practice. a simple way, as you have touched on a bit above, is to simply construct an extruded rectangle, or box, make additional boxes that are in the location and represent the size and shape you'd like for your slots and subtract them from your waveguide. of course if you want the slots placed at angles and additional features, this becomes a bit more difficult and more of a CAD problem as apposed to hfss issue.

also i suggest if you or your company has purchased hfss to look on the ansys website. you will find many documents which guide a user through building various things and will certainly show you techniques you could use in later models.

good luck, hope this helps.

Reactions: samyuk

samyuk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
im trying to dsign 1 waveguid shorted at one end and wave porting at other end but the output is not accurate as far as i knw(zero output).
can u tell mewat is the problem.

What do you mean by zero output? Clearly, if the other end (other than the one with the wave port excitation) is shorted, "nothing comes out" = zero output...

You could always use the planes (in the window showing the solids, lines, coordinate systems etc.) to display the E- and H-fields to see, if there is actually anything propagating inside your waveguide.

Reactions: samyuk

samyuk

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back