Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommendation for GSM/GPRS Module - U.S. Operation and Service Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdogguru

Administrator
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm looking for Recommendations for GSM/GPRS Modules, Southwest U.S. Operation and known compatible Service Providers with good rates. Any suggestions with be greatly appreciated.

Also any tips & tricks or traps & pitfalls from individuals experienced with designs incorporating GSM/GPRS Modules for operation in the U.S. would be a blessing.

I've had a fair amount of experience interfacing these modules to µPs and controllers for proof of concept. However, I'm lacking in street smart experience for a finished product and now that a couple of projects have been give the green light for the next step, I'm looking for practical advice.

The local service provider agents are no help; if its not a phone they don't want anything to do with it.

Thanks for your time,

Your best choice for GSM modules is SIMCom (**broken link removed**) - look at the SIM900 series. They are both low cost and certified.

If your volumes are large (>10,000) you can deal directly with the service providers (AT&T, T-Mobile). Otherwise, you'll need to talk with a reseller.

Contact me if you'd like more info/details.

I appreciate the info.

I checked out the SIMCom the list Kowatec and Micron Electronics for U.S. Sales, Micron Electronics' website is down. Can you recommend a distributor for SIMCom gear?

I'd like to see what they have in development kits available.

Have you had any experience with the SIM548C? It has some interesting features I could put to work on one of the projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back