Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend PDK for Tanner tools

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmagood

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

Can anybody advise upon a PDK to use with Tanner tools. I am working on an audio amplifier and will like to make the layout on tanner tools (presently it is the only tool available). Can anyone advise on where to get Tanner PDK. It is also OK if anyone has any obsolete PDKs with them (i will not be fabricating the device).

Thanks & Regards,

Emma

Re: pdk for tanner tools

Check MOSIS, but Tanner is nohow the only available tool. LASI has PDKs
for several foundries and it's all free. Likewise Electric and MAGIC.

Even if you don not like these tools you might be able to get the bare
minimum (layer table) out of them; translating and validating rules decks
is probably outside the scope of a semester project.

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: pdk for tanner tools

thanks for the response. I am presently trying to work with an actual pdk. I actually got one... from the ncsu site... but the problem is that it only has mos transistor cells in the pdk for schematic (no resistors etc).... and I dont know how to use the layout part of it. Do you happen to know if one can make the layout editor to read the pdk, will it read the layouts by the names or do I have to manually define every layer? (I have also found another free tool... layouteditor... it can read a pdk.)

Thanks,

Emma

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 ----------

Hi andy,

Thanks for you help. also just one more query... where are the model files for these processes :-D. I am particularly interested in the HP 0.35 um process in the MOSIS directory.

Regards,

Emma

you can find MOSIS & chartered some ledit tdb file
ftp://218.193.60.3/software/L-Edit/tech/

maybe someone also can provide other process tdb file

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back