Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend me a DC/DC converter module

Status
Not open for further replies.

info_req

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any one has experience with DC/DC Conveter module use. I need
1-------24V(input)/5V(output)
2-------24V(input)/24V(output) just for filtration and regulation purpose.

any best solution.???

Best regards

DC/DC Conveter

design a buck converter for the first.
and for the 2nd, what you need to filter out? voltage or current? you can apply capacitor or inductor to design on you filter circuit. btw, what the range of the input? or fix at 24v?

Re: DC/DC Conveter

i need ready-made solution i. e. module . i donot need to design.

DC/DC Conveter

There are modules that you can use for this simple DC voltage conversion... Try to search for different DC/DC IC regulator manufacturers because they might give the module to you for free for you to evaluate their IC regulator if you are a potential bulk buyer... I'm actually evaluating an Enpirion DC/DC IC regulator, and we had their module for free, that's by the help of our Purchasing Dept...

But if you aren't capable to have it for free you might want to build it on your own. Try to use the Power Supply Circuit Builder of National Semiconductor, it is available in their website.

regards,
ζεΦ

Added after 7 minutes:

Btw, use a switching regulator for converting 24V to 5V because this can give you the most efficient conversion esp if you will drive a current that is greater than 1A... If you will use a Linear for this one, huh! better to prepare for a big heat sink and fan because that will generate a lot of heat...

Re: DC/DC Conveter

dear,
I have already used Traco power supply module but that has a lot of ripple when i connect load. This is why I need some other manufacturer. Cost doesnot matter, i need performence.

i am trying with L/C combination for ripple removal. any idea for better design???

DC/DC Conveter

Did you asked for newer models too pls?
Otherwise are the modern DC/DC converters (switcher) from some vendors really spike free, but you have to build it :)... You can apply an LDO post regulator_or good LC-Filters.
K.

DC/DC Conveter

hello,i am designing SEPIC Converter and using MOSFET as a switch.i am using PIC microcontroller to give pulse for the MOSFET .my pic microcontroller is working but when i connect it to the circuit its not working ....any idea wats wrong with the SEPIC Converter

DC/DC Conveter

I think, these is a good stuff:
K.

DC/DC Conveter

if you want reliable modules turnkey, I'd try ACON. Their not cheap, but they are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.