Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Recommend GPRS hardware for server

Status
Not open for further replies.

dperez79

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have to make the hardware architecture of a server that has to cojmmunicate with several remote units, with a GPRS connection.

Which is the best hardware solution for my server? (gateways, GPRS, ISDN modems, etc...)

Thanks.

information of gprs hardware requirements

For this application I use Emfora gprs modems (TCP or UDP connection/transfer of data).

All remote units are configured in a server mode, expecting request from some client. Client is central point of system which sends requests to remote units and gets answers.

On www.enfora.com you can find many documentation for server client modes of work.

If you have some troubeles just ask.

Mr.Cube

hardware untuk gprs

Hi, thanks a lot,

Than I have to use one modem GPRS in each remote unit, ok
but I have some doubts about the Server for this units.
I don't know if I have to use only one GPRS modem in the server, or I have to use several GPRS modems, one for each remotte unit.
Maybe the best solution could be the installation of a ISDN line with several channels.

What do you think?

hardwere for gprs

Things will become very simple if you use a GPRS module with TCP/IP stack.
From your remote system (each with a GPRS module), open a socket to the server, send the data and close the socket. In this way each remote modules can communicate to your server. You dont need any module at your serrver end.

architecture of grps modem remote

Then,

what hardware do I need in the server?

hardware untuk koneksi gprs

For the hardware, its depend on how simultaneous rf connection you require.
Multichannel connection require multi gprs module. You can make ethernet link (or other suitable way) from one cpu that control multiple gprs module to the server. Or you can locate server with gprs module if your cpu have sufficient performance.

Try following link for server information you can adapt to your project
https://www.cybergraphy.com/English/dserver.htm

emfora module

dperez79 said:
Then,

what hardware do I need in the server?

If your server is a webserver or a machine with a static IP on the net then you dont need any hardware.

cybergraphy

The GPRS clients must communicate under IEC 60870-5-104 protocol.
I have an Allen Bradley PLc, which sends data to a IEC 104 Interface module, which has to send the data to a GPRS gateway.
Which GPRS gateway must I use?

how to communicate to gprs module

vdharan said:
Things will become very simple if you use a GPRS module with TCP/IP stack.
From your remote system (each with a GPRS module), open a socket to the server, send the data and close the socket. In this way each remote modules can communicate to your server. You dont need any module at your serrver end.

How to provide security to the n/w.

How can i test the sys without having a private ip server?

allen bradley gprs

Just like you have a username and pwd when you connect using a dialup, the gprs service provider will give you a username and pwd.

The minimal thing you need is a domain name and access to your site to put your server side code.

hardware requirements needed for gprs

vdharan said:

Just like you have a username and pwd when you connect using a dialup, the gprs service provider will give you a username and pwd.

The minimal thing you need is a domain name and access to your site to put your server side code.

Thankyou for the information.

I dont have access to such server. DO u know of any server which is accessable; for testing purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back